Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Getting in touch.

It has been such a blessing this week to be in touch with President David Payne and President Larry Watkins. I found both through Facebook (what would we do without it) and they each have offered their assistance and encouragement. I am really looking forward to receiving their contributions to the project. Also, President Felker's family has offered their support and I so appreciate being in touch with that wonderful family.
President Payne is a fellow journal-keeper and has a typed journal from his years serving as President. He is editing and will be sending what he can in a few weeks. This is another testament of the importance of journal keeping. I am sure there are so many details in his journal that would have escaped his memory had he not recorded them years ago.
We are trying to compiling this history in the same spirit. I have felt the impression to do this NOW. As thus far, I have felt lead and blessed to make contact with all 5 of the past presidencies. Our final product may not be grand, but I just know it will be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment